Sunday 5 August 2012

Saturday Is For Shopping

Yesterday I went shopping with my Mum and then for food afterwards in the evening.  I haven't been shopping in FOREVER and felt like a wardrobe update was in need, so I was looking forward too our shopping trip.  Unfortunately I am very short of money so it was mostly looking and not buying.  Although I might have to be naughty and go back during the week to buy a few more items of clothing because I saw some things I really want!  I'll just have to starve in the first month when I go back to University, that's OK right?


Please ignore the huge mess in my room!


Blue t-shirt - H! by Henry Holand
Black top - Primark
Jeans - River Island (old)
Shoes - Primark
I went out wearing the usual sort of thing I would wear: Jeans and a t-shirt.  I am trying to break out of this and start to wear other tops, trousers, shorts and maybe a few dresses and skirts.  I am really not a skirt person and the only time you will catch me wearing a dress is on a night out.  I feel like a change is needed.  So I bought some dresses!


Last night I went to visit a friend and wore one of my new dresses (above).  We weren't going anywhere, just staying in but I thought if I want to change what I wear, why not start now?!  I wore the dress with black tights and the beige shoes pictured above.

I also bought the following two items:



I can't wait to wear this dress, I feel like the shape of the dress really flatters my body shape, and it makes me look slimmer which is always a good thing.  I really like the shoes too, I will probably mostly wear them with jeans to my lectures.

I can't wait to get back to University!  Mainly because of the new room I will be getting.  My new Uni room is much bigger than my room at home and has my double bed waiting for me there.  Here at home in my parent's house there are boxes everywhere in my room which makes it so cramped and there's a lot of mess on the floor because I don't know where to put it all!  This makes my pictures look all cluttered and just generally stresses me out because I hate living in mess.

Recently I have started watching the television programme Lost and I am hooked!!  I think I only started watching it on Friday and I'm already up to episode 9 of the first season.  It is addictive!  Well at least it will give me something to do over the summer when I get bored.

All-in-all a nice weekend for me.  I hope you all had a good weekend too! :)

4 comments:

  1. Super cute stuff. Shopping with mum is the best.

    Mom Fitness Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    We were shopping this morning... We love to shop on monday mornings... There's nobody!! We bought some nail laquer from O.P.I.

    Love your dress with black tights. But, could yo please tell mewhere did you buy the t-shirt? It´s soooo cute!

    We are following you right now!


    nailistas

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all the stuff. the animal-print shirt in the top photo is adorable. :)

    jasmine
    ADAM ❤ ALEX Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ballet bow flats :D
    please check out my blog if you have the time!
    http://braidsandballetflats.blogspot.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete